Redhammer Roof Group is more than just a roofing company. We are also offering masonry services, particularly with chimneys. Chimneys are one of the hardest to repair and maintain. That’s why we are offering our expertise and experience, so we can help you preserve the beauty of your home or property. Our masonry services include:
- Chimney repair
- Tuck pointing
- Adding chimney covers and caps after the job is done
Just like roofs, chimneys are vulnerable to damage. They are frequently exposed to the elements. But with the help of our many masonry specialists, we can restore the beauty and function of your chimney.
If your chimney is really old, chances are, it has lots of cracks. And its construction is already shaken up. If this is the case, then it’s time for your chimney to get repaired. You need to get it fixed before it collapses or causes some other damage in your house.
Signs that your chimney needs repair:
- Old chimney constructed with flues
- Sustained earthquake damage
- Cracks running down its base and body
- Brickwork unraveling
Old chimneys from old houses were constructed with flues, also known as liners or flue liners. These materials can’t withstand the test of time and forces of nature, like earthquakes. Chances are, these old chimneys have sustained earthquake damage and are riveted with cracks. So if you have an old chimney in your old house, then you need to have it tuck pointed to avoid further damage. Modern masonry will reinforce your chimney with solid and sturdy construction materials to extend its life and function. We will remove the old mortar from between the bricks or stones and replace them with new mortar.
Signs that your chimney needs tuck pointing:
- Mortar joints have cracked, flaked or disintegrated
Chimney Caps and Covers
After your chimney has been repaired or tuck pointed, you can add some chimney caps and covers to finish off the job.
Benefits of Chimney Caps and Covers:
- Prevent rain or snow from entering your chimney
- Stop the birds and other animals from entering your house through the chimney
- Prevent the chimney from deteriorating due to the harsh elements
- Protect the crown of your chimney
- Prevent fires caused by burning embers that exit the chimney
Contact Us today to find out more about our masonry services.